Friday 10 February 2012

Intel Mobile Processor

A few months ago I tried to perform processor upgrades on a relative's Dell Inspiron 1150. The 1150 had a Socket 478 Mobile Celeron that ran hot and performed poorly. After doing some cursory research I thought I knew what I was doing and bought a Socket 479 Pentium M. Needless to say, it didn't fit. So I did a bit more research and found myself mired in the rather confusing world of mobile sockets. And it took me a while to figure things out. Recently, after reading a few threads concerning processor upgrades, I figured I'd make a guide. It'd be fun. It couldn't be that hard.

So this is my first guide on NBR and while it's more of a chart and may or may not be terribly helpful, it should, at the very least make a reasonable reference for those of you interested in upgrading mobile Intel processors.

No comments:

Post a Comment